Friday morning, the OFA Scarf for the Red Scarf Project looked like this
I came so close to finishing it with only 5 balls of yarn, but in the end, had to use a few yards of the sixth ball. This plays havoc with my yardage calculations for the pattern, so that will be delayed while I make friends with math.
Then, I had to learn a new cast off (I wanted one that came pretty close to matching the long tail cast on -- and found it in the half-hitch bind off from Principles of Knitting). Today at Knit Morning (Saturday Knit In? what DO they call it??), I finished the scarf and wove in all the ends! Here is is preparing to dry after being washed...
And here, just because I crossed so darned many of them backwards, and thus had to redo them... is a close up of the cables
I've just joined The great-unloved-sock-yarn-swap-of-06 What fun!
Even though we've got quite some time to gather our unloved sock yarn, I'm ready to put some in a package now... Let's hope I don't start loving it before I mail it off!
Meanwhile, the Jawalkers are progressing... pictures tomorrow
And though I should be focusing on my Celitic Shawl, I may just have to make the Thistle Coat for my Olympic Knitting project:
It'll be a challenge, but since we're talkin' 4 stitches to the inche here, it'll be do-able. And it will allow me to continue in my lemming like behavior, as two others at Needleworks (my LYS) are Thistling...