Now Playing: Wayman Tisdale, Breakfast with Tiffany
Topic: Random Non Sequitur
Another Meme I liked. Sylvia says she stole it from Cara.
TEN random things you might not know about me
1. I once worked as a police dispatcher.
2. I've skinned a cow, and a deer.
3. I think white chocolate is a complete waste of time -- give me dark or don't bother.
4. As a child, I walked up the stairs to the top of the Washington Monument. I've even forgiven the cousins who talked me into it.
5. I've never seen an episode of Seinfeld. Or of Friends.
6. In 8th grade, I could identify the year a VW bug was made just by looking at it (tail lights and rear windows were dead give-aways).
7. I was a full fledged Trekkie -- for the original series, but have only seen a few of the Next Generation episodes, and none of the other off-shoots.
8. I'm named after my mother's chemistry professor.
9. I'm allergic to mohair.
10. My parents are divorced, and remarried (for like 35 years), and get along so well that my father and step-mother have visited me and my family at my mother and step-father's house on a number of occasions -- for days at a time. On Christmas phone calls, they're likely to talk to each other longer than the one not in town talks to me!
NINE places I've visited
1. Bermuda, where I wished I could swim with the dolphins, and my 2 year old decided waves were much too scary.
2. Cardiff, Wales (I loved Cardiff Castle, but remain appalled that they neither allowed me to take pictures, nor had a decent book of photos to sell)
3. the Dominican Republic, where I got my hair done in Bo Derek braids, and got a scary sunburn on my scalp, despite slathering it with 30 block daily.
4. London -- Harrod's is amazing! but the London Theater company was better.
5. New York City, for about 36 hours .. once. I DID get to eat at Tavern on the Green in Central Park, and see a Broadway show in that time though.
6. Washington D.C., and I got to stay in the Hay Adams Hotel, with a view of the White House.
7. The four corners of the continental U.S.: Maine (and I've driven/trained up through the far corner into Canada); Florida (as far as Ft. Lauderdale; California (San Diego -- and even drove down into Mexico); and Washington State (though only as far as Seattle).
8. Eastern and Western Canada (Halifax Nova Scotia, and Calgary, Alberta), as well as some places in between (Toronto, Montreal, St. John, New Brunswick)
9. Mexico, for one day, when I was about 7. I remember buying a marionette. And Paris, but I remember very little, I was only 6.
EIGHT ways to win my heart
1. Dance with me (especially jitterbug)
2. Play music for me (really play on an instrument, not just on a CD)
3. Pun with me
4. Rub my back -- or Rub my feet
5. Sprinkle your speech with Shakespeare quotes
6. Make me coffee in the morning
7. Wear what I've knit for you
8. Make me laugh
SEVEN things I want to do before I die (something I don't actually think about a lot)
1. See my children find happy places for themselves in the world
2. Travel -- Europe, the Mediterranean, Australia/New Zealand ...
3. Learn to weave.
4. Learn to play the Celtic Harp.
5. Learn a new language well enough to function in its home country -- and then go there and do it. (Currently under consideration: German, Italian, Welsh and/or Gaelic (yeah, I know they don't use it, but they're so COOL), Portuguese, Spanish, something Arabic, something asian..... French isn't there only b/c it wouldn't be NEW. Latin's not there only b/c it's well... "dead").
6. Learn to Scuba dive, and then swim with dolphins.
7. Dance the tango -- really dance it, the way it was meant to be danced....
SIX things I'm afraid of
1. Losing my job and being unable to get a new one.
2. Not knowing ... there is no answer as bad as not knowing. ("The plane crashed -- your husband is dead" is NOT as bad as "Did the plane land safely?")
3. Insects in large numbers in my house (one at a time they're fine .. five or so are annoying, but hoards of them, swarms of them, freak me out).
4. Failing as a mother ... doing something that will "scar the kid for life"
5. Something horrid happening to people I love.
6. That I've made a horrible mistake, and bad things will (or have) ensue(d) .... or perhaps that because of a stupid decision I made X years ago, I'll never be as truly happy as I could have been had I gotten it right then.
FIVE things I don't like
2. Extremists in any direction
3. Tacky crude jokes (I love double entendres, I love sexual SUBTEXT, but overtly crude jokes aren't funny to me. I usually find them sexist and degrading to boot)
4. People who won't take responsibility for their actions
5. Drunk drivers
FOUR ways to turn me off
1. Smoke cigarettes (cigars are okay, sort of, pipes are fine - they smell good -- but cigarettes are awful)
2. Grab me abruptly
3. Be rude
4. Lie to me
THREE things I do every day (besides housework)
1. Get distracted, side tracked, or lose time.
3. Hug my kids (or talk to them on the phone and tell them I love them, if I'm out of town).
TWO things that make me happy
1. Having someone notice and praise something I've knit (especially if I'm wearing it).
ONE thing on my mind right now
1. Whether it's gotten so cold outside that the 12-pack of diet coke I left in the car has frozen.
Bonus thing: Who knew someone would think I'm noble?
The Noble Princess
You are just and fair, a perfectionist with a
strong sense of proper decorum. You are very
attracted to chivalry, ceremony and dignity.
For the most part you are rather sensible, but
you are also very idealistic.
Role Models: Guinevere, Princess Fiona (of Shriek)
You are most likely to: Get kidnapped by a stray
What Kind of Princess are You? - Beautiful Artwork (Original Music is BACK!!!)
brought to you by Quizilla